Effective date: January 1, 2020
Surfed.com ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://surfed.com website (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, City, ZIP
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Surfed.com uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR provides users in the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK with specific information and protections surrounding the processing of their “Personal Data.” This Personal Data is information that can identify a unique user or device - for instance, names, addresses, cookie identifiers, precise location data, and biometric data.
Some common forms of information collected are: full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, IP address, and information about browser and system settings, data about the computer or mobile device. For more information on the types of data collected, please see the “Types of Data Collected” section.
The data collected may be used to provide specific services or information requested, improve business performance, customize site content, data analytics, and guard against fraud. For additional information on how the data is used, please see the “Use of Data” section.
Operating in the United States, data will need to be transferred from the EEA, the UK, and Switzerland to the United States. Additional information on this is available in the “Transfer of Data” and “Security of Data” sections.
General Privileges as a Data Subject
The GDPR provides the legal privilege to access, rectify, or erase any Personal Data collected through Surfed.com. These privileges include:
- The privilege to data portability
- The privilege to restrict / object to the processing of Personal Data collected.
- The privilege to request not to have your Personal Data processed (by us, or a third-party partner) for marketing purposes or purposes substantially different than it was originally collected. Any previous consent can be withdrawn at any time.
To enact one, or all, of these privileges, contact us (instructions in the “Contact Us” section) and identify which privilege you intend to enact. A response to your request will happen, but may take upto 30 days. Some additional information may be requested in order to confirm your identity.
The storage of specific information may be necessary, even after a data subject request, to comply with legal obligations, resolve any disputes, prevent fraud, and to enforce our agreements.
A complaint with an European supervisory authority can be filled if you have any concerns with our compliance.
Privacy Choices Available
Some of the privacy choices available to you are:
- Unsubscribe to emails. The process to unsubscribe from an email / newsletter is to click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom or top of that email newsletter. To globally opt-out from all email campaigns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “unsubscribe”.
- Blocking cookies. Some browsers can be configured to notify when you receive a cookie, or allow for the restriction or disable cookies. Please know that choosing to disable cookies, could affect specific features of the site where cookies are used to enhance functionality.
- Disabling local shared objects (“Flash cookies”). Other kinds of local storage may be used that function similarly to regular browser cookies, but are stored in different locations on your computer, including Flash cookies which are placed on your device or web browser via an Adobe flash plug-in. Browsers may allow you to disable its HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in its HTML5 local storage.
- Third-party ad networks. Information about third-party ad networks and services that use these technologies can be seen by visiting www.aboutads.info. You also may visit the NAI’s site for additional options on how to opt out of interest-based advertising.
Disclosure Of Data
Surfed.com may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Surfed.com
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, which may result from clicking on an external link.
Under California law, and under certain limits, California residents may ask to be provided with a list of the categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes for the preceding calendar year, as well as the identity who the third parties are. Please use the contact instructions within this policy to make such requests.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com